Youth Reps met on Saturday, at YDF canteen to discuss on follow up actions from the proposals we presented last session. The agenda includes,
- Review Video
- Report on progress
- On-going activities in school/constituencies
- National Assembly presentation, and
On Tuesday, 4th March, interested representatives will visit the National Assembly to do the presentation about the brief background of YIDDD, the issues deliberated and the progression of that issues.
On Wednesday, 5th March, some representatives will visit RIM.
Minutes of the Meeting
2nd March, 2014
1. Video on Talking Chips will be screened before the audience (National Assembly as well as in respective Constituencies) to review and get their views for further improvement in order to do away with potential criticisms and attack after final redoing (editing).
2. Progress Report from respective Committees
a. Social Justice Committee is in the process of doing external review, went to BBS and working on Video advocacy. Need to work more closely with Civil Society Organisations such as Draktsho, Ability Bhutan Society and Disabled Person Association of Bhutan.
b. Education Committee is interviewing teachers and students. Working on raising the status of teachers and advocate students (particularly class XII) to join teachers. Studying teacher-students relationships. Need to think on strategies and also explore and keep abreast of recent policy developments.
c. Community Welfare Committee is done with the video advocacy on Talking Chips. Will ensure that 5% increase in consumption of local potato chips (sic. not sure if the committee mentioned the time frame). Try too find fact sheet. The current stand is more driven by sentiment. Think of the method to measure/verify 5% increase and anticipate questions on related to these figures. Talk with BAFRA.
To all the Committees, it would be better if every Committee has one coordinator so that Committee is more organised next time round.
3. Visit to National Assembly
BCMD will sent letter to all Constituencies whose Representatives are interested in attending the presentation at National Assembly on Tuesday, 4th March, 2014 from 14.00 onwards. Dechen Rabgyal will present the overall idea of YIDDD including objective, vision and ongoing activities and future plans. Suman will represent Community Welfare, Ngawang Education and Yonten, the Social Justice Committee.
Representatives, will come in formal dress with Kabney or Rachu.
4. In schools activities
All Representatives will stick with uniform slides for presentation and other Reps may also join during presentation in the constituency on in question. The representative of Constituency in question may do necessary arrangements in consultation with the administration. Dechen Rabgyal have arranged presentation at RIM on Wednesday from 16: 15 – 16: 45, on 5th March at RIM Auditorium. Ziwang will represent Education, Punasha Chhetri Community Welfare (?) and Geden, the Education Committee. Tea and snacks will be given and Dechen Rabgyal shall come up with tentative estimate of amount for the refreshment.
5. Newsletter, tiltled TsiKhung will be published on 20th March 2014 coinciding with International Day of Happiness. Representatives are required to send Articles to Sangay Thinley on or before 10th March. Balance between English and Dzongkha should also be considered. Article may cover stories on positive things happening in respective constituencies, spirituality and achievements and it should be between 150 to 400 words. The Newsletter will be more or E – Newsletter and will also be shared with Media and Member of Parliamentarians.