Call for Quotation
Bhutan Centre for Media and Democracy is seeking professional services from relevant individual consultants/firms to develop a guide book on the Whole-School Approach to Civic Education. The consultant will work in close consultation and collaboration with BCMD.
At the cusps of Bhutan’s transition to a democratic constitutional monarchy, Bhutan Centre for Media and Democracy was established as a civil society organisation with the mission to strengthen the foundations of democracy through civic and media literate citizens. One of its primary goals was to inspire active and engaged citizens. This was pursued through various activities ranging from multi-media training, news and media literacy workshops to forums on democracy and governance to youth summits and camps that trigger positive changes in the communities.
This guidebook, an analytical reflection on a decade of BCMD’s experiences in the field of civic education, is to serve as a supplementary resource for educators and policymakers interested in civic education. The guidebook should outline the various approaches and strategies BCMD tried over the years to address one of the biggest hurdles in education – bridging the gap between theory and practice.
The guide should document:
- a brief account of BCMD’s initial initiatives
- the challenges faced and adaptation to emerging issues
- testing of a whole school approach to civic education, description of the processes, the emerging results and challenges.
The process of writing the guide will involve some interviews/consultations with individuals involved in the project for insights.
The final date of the assignment is 30th June, 2022.
- Minimum Master’s Degree, preferably education or social sciences
- Have proven knowledge of and experience in curriculum development and instruction design.
- Excellent analytical writing skills.
Interested consultants may submit the following documents to the email mentioned below latest by 15th April, 2022.
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae/qualification.
- Sample of your prior relevant work (or provide links where relevant).
- Financial proposal quoted in Ngultrum, in the form of a lump sum, inclusive of your professional fee needed to meet the objectives of this assignment.
- Any other relevant information.
Please contact Rosy Chettri (Finance Officer, AFD), BCMD, Thimphu, Bhutan at 02-327903 or email@example.com for other details.