The High Commission of Canada in India is soliciting applications from dynamic young women leaders to participate in a Young Women Leaders Dialogue in Delhi, India, from February 9-10, 2017. One candidate from Bhutan will be selected to participate in the dialogue. We are looking for potential candidates who are currently active in promoting women’s empowerment, engagement and participation in political, social, economic, and democratic processes. If you know of any firebrand young women please feel free to share this announcement. Please see selection criteria below. Young Women Leaders Dialogue
“Young Women Leaders: Agents of Change”
February 9-10, 2017
Inviting young women leaders to apply
The High Commission of Canada in India is inviting applications for the upcoming Young Women Leaders Dialogue in Delhi from February 9-10, 2017. We will select one candidate from Bhutan to participate along with other young women candidates from Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Relevant expenses (travel, stay , meals) will be borne by the High Commission.
- Excellent knowledge of existing social and political issues, particularly related to engagement, empowerment and participation of women in political and democratic processes.
- Age: between 20 and 29.
- Affiliated to a social/political organisation/institute.
- Evidence of leadership qualities.
- Evidence of active participation in the affiliated organisation/body.
- Any coverage in the media will be an asset.
- Active Facebook, Twitter and YouTube profiles will be an asset.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to commit two days (Feb 9-10) for the event in addition to travel time to/from Delhi, and willing to travel to Delhi.
- Evidence of good character.
About the Young Women Leaders Dialogue:
- The Dialogue will take place in Delhi from February 9-10, 2017.
- The Dialogue will provide a platform for the candidate to meet with and learn from other women leaders, experts and mentors.
- The candidate will participate in a series of activities in Delhi which will include interactions with political leaders, international organisations, sector experts and students.
- Candidates will be expected to share their views on existing social and political issues, particularly related to women’s engagement, empowerment and participation in political and democratic processes.
Interested? Register here
Submission Deadline: Dec 27